Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Adler University offers an M.A in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This degree provides students with collaborative learning, ongoing feedback, and live supervision. The overarching goal is to improve the development of students’ clinical skills as they prepare for their work as mental health professionals. This program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
The online modality of this program is designed for students who want to complete their program in a distance learning format. Students must complete four courses via face-to-face teaching conducted during a 5-day residency week during the first and second year. Residency occurs on the Chicago campus.
School Name: Adler University
Program Name: Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Program Length: 3-year online with residency
Enrollment Type: Full-Time
Instruction Methods: Asynchronous, Online
Phone Number: (312) 662-4000
- Completion of core courses
- Two elective courses
- Field training and seminars
- Completion of two residencies
- Completed online application with application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- A recommended GPA or higher for undergraduate or graduate coursework. Exceptions may be made for applicants who demonstrate academic ability in other ways
- Statement of intent answering the following questions: Why are you interested in your chosen field and program? Why is Adler University’s program a good fit for you? What are your career goals and interests?
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal interview
- February 1, 2020 for May 2020 start date
Last Updated: January 13, 2020