The Master of Arts degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is an accredited counselor preparation program at Malone University. This program is also accredited by Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Also approved by the state of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board in meeting the requirements for licensure, the 60-credit program prepares all students for the National Counselor Licensure Exam. For licensure in other states, applicants should check their state board of licensing for requirements and reciprocity agreements.
School Name: Malone University
Program Name: Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Program Length: Three Years
Enrollment Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Instruction Methods: Asynchronous
Phone Number: 800-621-7440
- 60 Credits
- 100 Hour Practicum
- 600 Hour Internship
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from previous universities
- Two Professional References
- Autobiography - Two to three pages
- Describe your family of origin
- Significant life experience that have shaped you
- Situation that you were involved in helping another in crisis
- Factors that you believe to have influenced your decision to pursue a counseling career
- Personal interview
Malone University’s program information was last updated in April of 2020. For more information, visit the university's website above.