Western Kentucky University
Addictions Education (AE) Certificate
Western Kentucky University offers an Addictions Education Certificate designed for students to provide counseling, education services, and support services to individuals struggling with addiction issues. This program is appropriate for licensed eligible mental health professionals and bachelor-level employees. Western Kentucky University’s Department of Counseling and Student Affairs has active accreditations with the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
All required courses can be taken online; electives are offered in a variety of formats including online, web-enhanced, and face-to-face formats. Western Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees. Students can turn certificate courses into masters degree programs by adding additional units in the counseling and clinical mental health programs.
School Name: Western Kentucky University
Program Name: Addictions Education (AE) Certificate
Instruction Methods: Online
Phone Number: (270) 745-4786
- 15 Credits
- 9 core coursework credits
- 6 courses related to the program content and approved by the certificate advisor
- Completed online application with a one-time $45.00 fee for domestic students and $75.00 for international students
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; students are accepted throughout the year into the certificate program. Classes can begin any semester; they are not required to be taken in any sequence.
Last Updated: January 13, 2020