Winston-Salem State University
The Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling (MSRC) Program at Winston-Salem State University provides students with the opportunity to earn a master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling and be eligible to sit for the national Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) examination.
Students may also pursue the state Professional Counselor licensure (LPC). Employees of state vocational rehabilitation (VR) agencies, non-traditional students, students with disabilities, and students from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The MSRC program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP), the accrediting body for graduate level rehabilitation counseling programs.
School Name: Winston-Salem State University
Program Name: Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling
Program Length: Two years
Enrollment Types: Full-Time
Instruction Methods: N/A
- 60 credit hours
- 100-hour practicum
- 600-hour internship
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7
- An application and nonrefundable application processing fee
- Resume of Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts from all universities previously attended
- Three professional references
- An interview with graduate faculty, faculty from the Rehabilitation Counseling program, and representatives of public, community, or private rehabilitation.