How to Become a Counselor in New York
The Family Institute at Northwestern University
Master of Arts in Counseling
Earn a CACREP-accredited master’s in counseling online from top-10 ranked1 Northwestern University.
- CACREP Accredited
- Earn your MA in Counseling from Northwestern in as few as 18 months
- Accelerated full-time, traditional, or part-time tracks available
NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
Master of Arts in Counseling and Guidance
Learn more about NYU Steinhardt’s online MA degree that prepares you to become a school counselor in as few as 18 months. Graduates can pursue certification and employment in pre-K–12 schools. Bachelor’s req.
- Complete in as few as 18 months.
- Pursue school counselor certification.
- Study bilingual school counseling (optional).
- GRE scores are not required.