Texas Tech University
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Health Professions Master of Rehabilitation Counseling (MRC) program uses the latest distance education approaches and is available to individuals throughout the United States and the world. The program is designed for students currently working full time or who cannot undertake graduate studies in a traditional campus setting. There are no on-site requirements for this program.
The MRC program prepares counselors with the clinical training, counseling and rehabilitation knowledge, attitudes, and skills to assist clients with mental, physical and/or emotional disabilities to meet their developmental, vocational, and educational needs. Students are prepared to take the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) national exam and all graduates of the MRC program are eligible for licensure in the state of Texas.
The MRC program has been accredited by the Council for Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
School Name: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Program Name: Master of Rehabilitation Counseling
Program Length: Three Years
Enrollment Type: N/A
Instruction Methods: N/A
Phone Number: (806) 743-3220
- 36 hours of core coursework
- 12 hours of practicum and internship
- 3 hours of electives
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, preferably in a related area such as psychology, sociology, occupational therapy, social work, special education or nursing
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.7 is required
- Two Letters of Recommendation, three are preferred
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores are required applicants for whom English is their second language
- June 1st for Fall
- October 1st for Spring.