Texas Tech University
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Health Professions Master of Rehabilitation Counseling (MRC) program uses the latest distance education approaches and is available to individuals throughout the United States and the world.
The program is designed for students currently working full time or who cannot undertake graduate studies in a traditional campus setting. There are no on-site requirements for this program.
The MRC program prepares counselors with the clinical training, counseling and rehabilitation knowledge, attitudes, and skills to assist clients with mental, physical and/or emotional disabilities to meet their developmental, vocational, and educational needs. Students are prepared to take the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) national exam and all graduates of the MRC program are eligible for licensure in the state of Texas.
The MRC program has been accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE).
School Name: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Degree Types: Master of Rehabilitation Counseling (MRC)
Program Structure: 100% online
Instruction Methods: online
Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
Program Name: Master of Rehabilitation Counseling
Phone Number: (806) 743-3220
36 hours of core coursework
12 hours of practicum and internship
3 hours of electives
2 to 3 years
The MRC program begins twice a year: January 1st for Fall and August 1st for Spring. The deadline for the receipt of the application, supporting documentation, and application fee is June 1st for Fall and October 1st for Spring.
- Online Application -- Apply by using the online Merlin Application.
- Application Fee -- Pay the application fee of $40 online by credit card or check or money order by selecting the "Money Order" option.
- Official Transcripts -- Applicants must submit a current, official transcript from every institution attended. If you attended TTU or TTUHSC, you only need to send official transcripts from other institutions attended. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the institution and must have been printed within the last year.
- Official GRE Scores -- The GRE is not required.
- Bachelor's Degree -- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, preferably in a related area such as psychology, sociology, occupational therapy, social work, special education or nursing. Degrees in other areas will be considered.
- Minimum GPA -- A minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.7 is required. Provisional admission may be offered to applicants with a GPA of less than 2.7 under special circumstances.
- Resume -- A current resume is required. Submit this to the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 806-743-2994.
- Letters of Recommendation -- Two letters of recommendation are required for an application to be complete, but three letters of recommendation are preferred. Submit the letters of recommendation online through the Merlin Application.
- International Applicants -- Foreign coursework must be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Service. TOEFL/IELTS Scores are required applicants for whom English is their second language (scores are considered on a case by case basis). Please refer to our International Applicants webpage for more information and TOEFL/IELTS exemptions: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/shp/prospective/international_applicants.aspx.