University of the Cumberlands
The University of the Cumberlands (UC) offers a flexible online Master’s degree in counseling, fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) that will lead students to become licensed professional counselors.
This online counseling degree serves both recent college graduates and those who want to broaden their expertise as mental health counselors by earning their licensed professional clinical counselor degree.
There are two tracks within the MAPC program—Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) and Addiction Counseling (AC). The aim of the CMHC program is to provide students with the academic background and requirements to become fully licensed professional counselors. The AC program prepares students to become licensed professional counselors as well as licensed addiction counselors.
Both tracks combine comprehensive coursework and hands-on experience enabling students to acquire the knowledge, theoretical foundations and best practices needed to serve as professional counselors.
School Name: University of the Cumberlands
Program Name: Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
Program Length: Two to three years
Enrollment Types: Full-Time
Instruction Methods: N/A
Phone Number: (855) 791-7201
Program Requirements: 60 credit hours
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Addiction Counseling
- Completed Graduate Application and payment of the associated fee
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (A lower GPA may be acceptable for conditional admittance)
- Official Transcripts must be received for all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Submit a 500-word Statement of Purpose for graduate study
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT): 550 Internet-based TOEFL (IBT): 79 IELTS: 6
- Submit two Letters of Reference from individuals commenting on the applicants academic and professional potential
- Online Recommendation Form / Downloadable Recommendation Form